Here are the upcoming Avent Ferry Road lane closures taking place April 2-8.
- Sunday, April 2
- Left/center lanes between Gorman Street and Athens Drive
- Monday, April 3
- Right lane west of Gorman Street to west of Varsity Drive
- Gorman Street intersection(I-40 side)
- Tuesday, April 4
- Left/center lane west of Gorman Street to west of Varsity Drive
- Wednesday, April 5
- Left/center lane west of Varsity Drive to west of Gorman Street
- Thursday, April 6
- Right lane west of Varsity Drive to west of Gorman Street
These closures will take place overnight from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
The expected lane closures are as follows:
- 3-26-2023- single right lane closure eastbound Avent Ferry from Athens Drive through Trailwoods drive
- 3-27-2023- single left lane closure eastbound Avent Ferry from Athens Drive through Trailwoods Drive
- Single left lane closure center lane eastbound/westbound Avent Ferry from Trailwoods Drive through Athens Drive
- 3-28-2023 single left lane closure westbound Avent Ferry from Trailwoods drive through Athens Drive
- Single left lane closure center lane eastbound/ westbound from Athens Drive through Trailwoods Drive
- 3-29-2023 single right lane westbound Avent Ferry from Trailwoods through Athens Drive
- 3-30-2023 single right lane Eastbound Avent Ferry from Trailwoods to Varsity Drive.
The paving scheduled to begin this week has been delayed by a week. It will now begin on Avent Ferry Road this Sunday evening March 26. We will continue to provide updates as we receive them.
On March 15, crews will begin repaving portions of Avent Ferry Road and Western Blvd.
The project will be broken up into three segments.
March 15 to April 6 – Paving Avent Ferry Road (From Western Blvd. to Athens Drive), #1 on the map below.
April 10 to April 15 – Paving Western Blvd. west of I-440 (Blue Ridge Road to Hillsborough St.), #3 on the map below.
April 16 to mid-late May – Paving Western Blvd. east of I-440 (Chaney Road to the entrance of Governor Morehead School), #2 on the map below.
The contractor is currently allowed to close a lane on Western Blvd. between Blue Ridge Road and Hillsborough St. from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. for concrete curb ramp work. All other work on the project requiring lane closures will take place at night from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. There should not be any full road closures for this project requiring vehicular traffic to be detoured.