Partial Closure of I-440, March 6-10

This is an advanced notice of an upcoming closure of eastbound and westbound I-440 for the Jones Franklin PH2 Girder Erection over I-440. This work will begin Monday, March 6th, and will continue throughout the remainder of the week.

Each night there will be single-lane closures for eastbound and westbound I-440 at Jones Franklin Road, beginning at 9 p.m. to allow prep work to begin prior to the complete closure of a single direction at midnight, which will remain in place until 5 a.m. The contractor will provide a preliminary schedule of which directions will be closed each night by the end of the week and then provide updates to that schedule, as necessary, as the work progresses.

The primary detour route for this work will be via Western Blvd. and Jones Franklin Road during the nightly full closure of I-440 (see maps below).  For westbound closures, the detour will continue along Jones Franklin Road to Dillard Drive and then to Walnut Street before returning to I-440/US-1 at the Walnut Street Interchange.

If it becomes necessary to modify this schedule due to a delivery issue and/or weather, the contractor will provide an update on the new schedule as soon as possible.

EB 440 Closure Detour Route
WB 440 Closure Detour Route