Please don’t hesitate to ask enforcement officers for directions or assistance – they are happy to help you.
Permitted parking areas and hourly visitor spaces are enforced –
Monday – Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. except on Official University Holidays.
Resident parking areas (“RC,” “RE,” “RW”) are enforced Monday – Thursday: 7:00 a.m. to Midnight; Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Any space or area designated as reserved 24/7, handicap parking spaces and no parking areas.
|Violation Code||Violation Description||Amount of Fine|
|01||Permit Not Displayed, Unregistered Vehicle or Expired Permit.||$40|
|03||Permit improperly displayed||$10|
|04||Vehicle parked against the flow of traffic or rear of vehicle not facing towards drive lane||$10|
|05||Parking outside of authorized area||$40|
|06||Encroachment of Two or More Spaces||$20|
|07||Unauthorized Parking in any reserved space, lot or area||$50|
|08||Overtime parking in a time-limited space||$20|
|09||Unauthorized parking in a “UE” “UV” or “SV” space||$50, plus repair costs|
|10||Failure to pay in a payment required pay lot||$40|
|11||Parking in a No Parking Area or damages to facilities/equipment||$100, plus repair costs|
|12||Parking in a fire lane, blocking vehicular/pedestrian flow||$100|
|14||Parking in an accessibility space, blocking an accessible aisle, path or curb cut||$250|
|15||Displaying an unauthorized permit; Altering or forging a parking permit||$250, plus permit restiution fees and loss of parking privileges*|
|16||Overnight parking in a commuter deck or paylot||$40|
|31||Boot Removal Fee||$50 (first boot) $100 (subsequent boots)|
|Other||Towing Relocation Fee||Contract Rate|
|Other||Damages to Transportation Facilities||Amount of Repairs*|
|*Plus administrative judicial action|
Vehicle Towing Policy
Vehicles may be towed if they are illegally parked in accordance with the North Carolina State University Parking and Traffic Ordinance for the following reasons:
- Parking in a “No Parking” area (driving lanes, traffic lanes, yellow curbs, driveways, sidewalks, dumpster spaces, intersections, grass, lawns, etc.).
- Upon receiving the third (3) violation (ticket) within any six (6) month period, the vehicle will be placed on the tow / immobilization list and subject to immobilization (booting) or towing. Note: A maximum of one (1) parking meter violation per day counts in the total ticket count.
- Abandoned vehicles.
- Parking in handicapped spaces.
- Parked in reserved spaces, areas, or lots.
- Parked in a space marked “24 Hour Towing.”
- Unauthorized parking at 1570 Main Campus Drive.
- Parked in fire lanes.
- Overnight parking at any park and ride lot.
Vehicle Immobilization Policy
Vehicles may be immobilized for any of the following reasons:
- Appearing on University tow list and found in violation.
- Checks returned to Transportation for any reason.
- Display of a lost, stolen or revoked permit.
- Non-registered vehicle appearing on University tow list.
- Non-payment of accrued fines.
- Unsatisfactory payment for a permit.
Removal of the boot requires a payment of $50 for first boot; $100 for each additional boot plus payment of all accrued fines and late fees.
Vehicles immobilized for longer than 36 hours will be towed or relocated to a designated storage facility. Payment of towing fee, booting fee and accrued fines must be made prior to release of vehicle.