Split driving costs with a carpool buddy or two (or more!) and share your ride to NC State.
How do I find carpool partners? Use NC State’s free ride-matching database! Log in using your NC State email through ncsu.sharetheridenc.org. You can find matches for regular commuting, or one-time trips such as getting home for break.
Download the Share the Ride NC App!
Want to commute by carpool?
- Student-apply for a semester permit. The price of a carpool permit is $210 per semester, split among riders (ex. $105 each for a 2-person carpool, $70 each for 3, etc.)
- Employees-apply for an annual permit. The price is the annual cost of a C permit, $387, split among riders ($16.13 per month for a 2-person carpool, $10.75 per month for 3, etc.)
Save wear-and-tear on your car-why not sit back and relax in a vanpool? A vanpool is like a carpool, where people with similar schedules ride together, but the vans are leased by Enterprise for groups of riders. Vanpools are ideal for employees with regular work hours who are commuting from a distance.
Fares cover insurance and maintenance and vary based on mileage and number of riders. Vanpool riders receive a subsidy of $20 per month.
NC State’s Vanpools
Interested in joining or starting a vanpool? Visit www.commutewithenterprise.com and click “Join Commute” (in the top right corner) to fill out their vanpool interest form. Questions? Contact Carolyn Caggia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See the vanpools currently serving NC State’s campus from the following locations:
Fayetteville, NC (Suspended)
Coordinator name: Ivy Wright
Starting locations: Fayetteville Community Church on Middle River Loop
NC State work hours: 7:15 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
- Mornings: Van departs Fayetteville at 5:30 a.m., drops off at Pepsi at 6:30 a.m., drop off in downtown Raleigh at 6:45 a.m. and arrives at NC State by 7:15 a.m.; parking at Hillsborough St. and Gardner St.
- Evenings: Van departs NC State at 4:15 p.m., picks up in downtown Raleigh and at Pepsi, and arrives back to Fayetteville at 5:30 p.m.
Coats, NC and Angier, NC (Suspended)
Coordinator name: Carina Lockley
NC State work hours: 7:45 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
Starting location: Parking lot behind Salon Serenity in Coats (corner of E. Main St. and Railroad St.)
- Mornings: Van departs Salon Serenity at 6:30 a.m., stops at Food Lion in Angier at 6:50 a.m., drops off in downtown Raleigh and arrives at DH Hill Library around 7:30 a.m. Van parks near Administrative Services II
- Evenings: Van picks up at DH Hill Library at 5:00 p.m., stops in downtown Raleigh, drops off at the Food Lion in Angier, parks at Salon Serenity at 6:00 p.m.
Seeking: Riders, drivers