Student Commuter Benefits
Student Commuter Benefits
If you commute to campus by…
Bus * Bike * Carpool * Walk
You are eligible for commuter benefits!
At NC State, we reward students who use sustainable transportation. Commuters who regularly take the bus, bike, carpool, or walk to campus are helping the environment, saving money, and reducing traffic around our beautiful campus!
WolTrails members receive:
- 6 daily parking permits per semester-valid in the Varsity Lot.
- Fall permits are valid from August 1-December 1
- Spring permits are valid from January 1-May graduation
- Commuter toolkit and monthly newsletter.
Eligibility & Rules
- Must be a full-time, actively enrolled NC State undergraduate or graduate student.
- Cannot have an NC State parking permit for any area.
- Use this form to cancel your permit.
- Classes must be located on campus in an NC State Transportation permitted area.
For questions or to cancel your membership, email email@example.com.
Student Carpool Program
A carpool is an organized group of 2-4 commuting students who regularly ride together in one car and share the use of a carpool permit. Looking for a carpool partner? Visit Share the Ride NC.
- Carpool Applications Open: June 1, 2023, @ 10 A.M.
- Carpool Applications Close: July 14, 2023, @ 5 P.M.
- Carpool Payment Due: July 31, 2023, @ 5 P.M.
- Allow up to two weeks to process applications. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Regulations & Eligibility
- The carpool permit only allows one vehicle to park on campus each day.
- A citation will be issued to each vehicle when multiple vehicles are parked on campus unless:
- a daily permit is claimed, or
- the vehicle is parked in an hourly pay lot
- Must be an actively enrolled NC State student.
- 2-4 commuter students must ride together to make up a Student Carpool.
- Each carpool participant must have a vehicle registered in their name or the name of a family member.
- Students must not live within a quarter-mile of a Wolfline bus stop.
- Participants will split the cost of a carpool permit ($210)
- The carpool permit is valid in the following locations:
- Coliseum Deck (CD)
- Dan Allen Deck (DD)
- West Deck (W)
- Partners Way Deck (CC)
- MRC Deck (CC)
- Toxicology Deck (CC)
- CBC-Vet School (CB)
- Fringe Lots (F)
- Varsity Lot (V)
- There are no designated carpool parking spaces on campus.
- Permits are sold on a semester basis (Fall & Spring). Students must reapply for the Spring semester.
- Each carpool member is allotted 6 daily permits per semester:
- Daily permits are only valid for the Varsity Lot.
- Daily permits are not to be sold, traded, gifted or otherwise offered to an unauthorized user.
- Each student carpool will need a primary and secondary permit holder. The primary holder is Transprtation’s point of contact and is the student responsible for ANY fines or citations issued.