Appeal a Violation
A ticket is a citation for a violation of parking rules. The words: “ticket”, “violation” or “citation” refer to the paper notice that was placed on your vehicle.
An appeal is a plea to a request to dispute a citation to the Appeals Officer if you:
- disagree with the reason for which you were given a ticket.
- disagree with the decision from your initial dispute (first appeal); you therefore request an appeal hearing.
Please read carefully before submitting your appeal:
- All appeals must be filed online.
- Incomplete and/or late forms will not be reviewed or acknowledged.
- A citation (ticket) cannot be appealed beyond 7 calendar days from the date the citation was issued.
- Warning citations cannot be appealed.
- Overtime or Failure to Pay in a Pay Lot citations cannot be appealed to the Appeals Hearing Board.
- Citation does not have to be paid prior to disputing.
- Enter the citation number, date, license tag number and license tag state on the form below (this information is on your citation).
- Submit receipts and other documentation such as copy of permit, placard, diagrams or receipts separately to the Appeals Officer.
(Do NOT include University ID).
- When appealing a citation involving an accessible permit, include a copy of the accessible permit, copy of the registration placard (if not an NC placard) and a written statement with a notarized signature of the registered placard holder if the placard is not registered to person appealing the citation.
Submission of Supporting Documents
Submit documents one of these ways:
- Submit this documentation online to the Appeals Officer.
- Bring documents to the Transportation Office, 2721 Sullivan Drive, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- or mail to the Transportation Office with the mailing address:
NC State University Transportation
C/O Appeals Officer
Campus Box 7221
Raleigh, NC 27695-7221
I appeal this citation (ticket) for the reason(s) outlined above. If my appeal is denied, I understand that failure to pay any resulting fine(s) will result in charges being added to my account, (possible payroll-deducted fine(s) for faculty/staff), or payment notice sent to the vehicle owner on record. Unpaid fines are transferred to an outside collection agency for non-University affiliates (visitors, vendors, etc.)
By submittal of the appeal form, I certify that the statements are true to the best of my knowledge.
Submission of Appeal
Complete the Online Appeal.