Spin E-Scooters & E-Bikes
What is Spin?
Headquartered in San Francisco, Spin is a leading micromobility company and a unit of Ford Mobility. As a trusted and reliable partner, Spin currently operates electric scooters in many cities and universities nationwide.
How much does it cost to ride a Spin scooter/e-bike at NC State?
- Pay-As-You-Go Pricing
- $1 to unlock + $0.30 per minute (for a ride that originates on NC State’s campus)
- Considered Pricing
- $0.50 to unlock + $0.10 per minute (for a ride that originates on NC State’s campus)
- Ten-minute Ride Breakdown
- Additional Pricing Options
- Monthly Pass Pricing
- $5.99 flat monthly rate
- $0 to unlock + $0.30 per minute (for a ride that originates on NC State’s campus)
- We offer a 24-hour pass, priced at $14.99, to NC State to provide an attractive option for campus visitors, alumni, and tourists. These prices are subject to change.
- Monthly Pass Pricing
How fast do the scooters and e-bikes go?
Spin scooters in NC State have a top speed of 15 mph. E-bikes have a top speed of 20mph.
What are the hours of operation?
All scooters and e-bikes are available to ride from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m., seven days a week.
What is the fleet size?
We have a fleet of 300 scooters and 50 e-bikes and will adjust that number based on demand over the course of the program.
When did the program launch?
Scooters have been available to ride since August 5. The full fleet of 300 e-scooters and 50 e-bikes were phased in during the fall semester.
How long is the partnership between Spin and the university?
Spin is the micromobility provider for at least 2 years.
Where are Spin scooters deployed?
Spin scooters are deployed on North, Central, South, and Centennial Campuses.
Where are the No-Ride Zones?
Maps of the no-ride zones are always visible within the Spin app.
How do you start a ride?
To rent scooters, riders will download the Spin app on their smartphones and unlock the vehicles by scanning their unique QR codes.
Spin wants you to be safe when using the scooters and bikes. Visit the Spin Safe website where you will find videos about how to start and end a trip, proper parking techniques that are ADA compliant as well as the rules of the road.
As an added bonus, there is a safety quiz at the bottom of the page. Score 100% on the quiz to receive a promo code.
- Click It Before you Kick It
- Wear a helmet when riding.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Get to know your scooter on a quiet street or paved area at a low speed before taking a longer or faster ride.
- Spin in the Street
- Do not ride scooters on sidewalks, bike lanes are the best place to ride.
- Never ride on grass or other unpaved surfaces. Use caution when traveling over ramps.
- Obey Local Traffic Laws
- Ride Sober
- Stay Clear of Large & Turning Vehicles
- Don’t Block the ‘Walk (When You Park)
What do I do if I have an issue with a scooter or e-bike?
Contact support using the following options:
- Phone: 1-888-262-5189 to leave a message for our support team
- Help & Support: https://spinbikeshare.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
- Report a Scooter: https://spinsupport.force.com/hc/s/?language=en_US
- Community Email: email@example.com
- App: Navigate to the menu button in the upper left corner and click “Account Options” then “Contact Support.”