Wolfline Campus Transit
Wolfline is the NC State transit system, connecting Main, Centennial, and Centennial BioMedical campuses with surrounding areas. During Fall & Spring semesters, Wolfline operates 10 daytime routes and three (3) evening routes.
Track buses in real time with the TransLoc app.
Wolfline is free and open to the public, just stand at a Wolfline stop to ride. All Wolfline buses are equipped with ramps and have the ability to kneel level with curb. All buses have (2) bays for securing mobility devices.
GoRaleigh, the City of Raleigh’s public transit service, offers city-wide bus service.
Four (4) GoRaleigh routes serve the NC State campus:
- Route 4
- Route 11
- Route 11L
- Route 12
For detailed route and schedule information, visit the GoRaleigh website or call 919-485-RIDE for more information. GoRaleigh route maps are also available at NC State Transportation Office.
GoTriangle provides regional bus service to NC State from Raleigh, Cary, Apex, Durham, Chapel Hill, Wake Forest, Zebulon, Wendell and many points in between.
NC State is served by the following GoTriangle routes:
- Route 100: Raleigh (Hillsborough St.) to RDU Airport and the Regional Transit Center (RTC) – near RTP
- Connections available at the Regional Transit Center for access to Durham (Route 700), Chapel Hill (Route 800/805)
- Route 105: Regional Transit Center (RTC) to downtown Raleigh via Hillsborough St. (Currently Suspended)
- Routes 300/301: Downtown Cary to downtown Raleigh via Western Boulevard. (301 Currently Suspended)
- Route 305: Downtown Raleigh to Holly Spring and Apex via Western Boulevard.
- Route DRX: Express service between Raleigh and Durham via Hillsborough St.
- Route CRX: Express service between Raleigh and Chapel Hill via Hillsborough St.
- Express service is available from Wake Forest (WRX), Fuquay-Varina (FRX) and Zebulon/Wendell (ZWX) to GoRaleigh Station in downtown Raleigh (with transfers to GoRaleigh and GoTriangle routes for access to campus).
For detailed route maps or schedules, check out GoTriangle’s web page or contact the regional transit Call Center at 919-485-RIDE. Regional park-and-ride lots are also available.
TransLoc Transit Visualization
TransLoc provides real-time bus information for all routes currently serving NC State the Triangle region. See the bus move in real-time and get estimated bus stop arrival predictions. Download the app in the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. You can also view it on your computer using their browser version.
Plan your next bus trip with Google Transit by running directions in Google Maps and choosing the bus icon. Google will show you a map of the transit trip, as well as the physical location of your origin/destination bus stops.
The Piedmont and Carolinian rail routes will take you from Raleigh to Charlotte, Greensboro, Winston-Salem, New York, and Washington D.C. Students can save 15% on a regular (full) adult rail fare. Check out Amtrak’s Student Discounts page for more information. To find the closest station visit the Amtrak website.
Megabus connections are available to Charlotte, Richmond, VA and Washington, DC. Directions to the Raleigh/Durham station in downtown Durham and price information are available on the Megabus website.