Events, camps and conferences are an integral part of the campus environment and need advance planning with the Transportation office. Parking is limited to specific areas based on space availability, the time of year, other events, construction projects, camp or conference location, type of activity, number of attendees, and other factors.
A minimum of two weeks notice is required when requesting event parking.
Event Module Permits are a simple and easy way to provide parking to your guests without needing to obtain a guest list or email addresses. Once an event permit is created, parking spaces become reserved for your event. Once created, Event Permits can be obtained here.
Validation Codes may be used to pay for guests parking at the pay by plate locations. Validation Codes are entered upon arrival at the pay station located inside of the pay lot and designed to be distributed to participants prior to the event day.
Chaser Tickets may be used to pay for guests parking at the gated pay lots on Main Campus. Chaser Tickets are designed to be distributed to guests at the event once they have already parked. Both the ticket pulled at the pay lot entrance and the Chaser Ticket will be inserted by the guest at the pay lot exit.
- Space includes “Reserved” sign with date and time of reservation.
- Cost for one additional line of text, up to 12 characters, added on the reserved space sign is $5.00
Hosts may direct their guests to utilize one of out our Park and Ride locations. For those with cars but without parking permits, NC State provides free off-campus Park & Ride commuter lots, all served by Wolfline buses.
Valet parking requires the use of Valet Staff, Parking Spaces, and Cones. NCSU Transportation may require a parking attendant to monitor spaces prior to valet service.
Digital Sign Boards
Cones may be used to mark routes or guide guests. Price shown is per individual cone. Placement of cones must be approved by NCSU Transportation.
- $2.00 per cone
- The cost to replace a lost, damaged, or unreturned cone is $25.00 per cone
Barricades may be used to mark routes or guide guests. Price shown is per individual barricade. Placement of barricades must be approved by NCSU Transportation.
- $75.00 per barricade
Cost to replace a lost, damaged, or unreturned sign frame. Price shown is per each individual frame.
- $100.00 per frame
The Coliseum Deck Surface Lot, located on the south side of the Coliseum Deck off of Cates Avenue, may be reserved for use by approved events. The lot includes 50 parking spaces. The two bus parking spaces located towards the exit must remain open and available for buses. The lot may only be rented for use of parking vehicles within marked spaces.
- $300.00 per day
The Special Event Lot, located off of Varsity Drive across from the Joyner Visitor Center, may be reserved for use by approved events. The lot includes 137 parking spaces. The lot may only be rented for use of parking vehicles within marked spaces.
- $300.00 per day
Additional parking lots may be reserved on weekends for event parking based on availability. Lots may only be rented for use of parking vehicles within marked spaces. Parking decks are not included in the rates below. Please contact us for weekend parking deck rates.
- 0-100 parking spaces $150.00/day
- 101-200 parking spaces $300.00/day
- 201-300 parking spaces $450.00/day
- 300+ parking spaces $600.00/day
Attendants will check permits, monitor the lot and provide directions. Price shown is hourly per person, three-hour minimum required.
Traffic Officers are certified through Raleigh Police to direct traffic in the street. Price shown is hourly per person, four-hour minimum required.
- Begin your parking permit and traffic arrangements as soon as you begin planning the event.
- Submit the appropriate online form to request event parking
- Contact Parking Services, Special Events, with additional questions
- You must notify the Transportation office at least 10 business days in advance if you need to request assistance with one or more large vehicles, buses, or equipment. Contact Parking Events Services, Special Events.
- When setting up for the event, loading and unloading can be arranged for short durations close to the site. Vehicles will be required to move to the appropriate parking location upon completion of the loading or unloading of materials. Contact Parking Events Services, Special Events.