Specialty Permits

Specialty Permits

Service Provider (SP) Parking Permit

Service providers repair and maintain campus equipment and infrastructure. Service Provider (SP) permits may be purchased at the Transportation office.

Annually (21-22)

Construction Contractor Parking Permits

Construction contractors can obtain short and long-term parking permits. Review Contractor Staging Area Request Form for important information, costs, and instructions for contractors prior to bid submittal.

– Short-term, daily contractor permits can be purchased online.

$75 – Monthly (21-22)

Long-term parking requests – contact 919-515-3424.

Accessible Parking Permits

Temporary Accessible Parking With or Without a Temporary DMV Placard

If you need temporary accessible parking, complete the temporary accessible parking application below. If you have a temporary placard from the DMV, please submit a copy of your temporary placard along with the completed temporary accessible parking application below to cblakel@ncsu.edu. A temporary DMV placard is required for accommodations exceeding two weeks.

Long-Term Accessible Parking With a Long-Term DMV Placard

If you have a long-term placard from the DMV and need long-term accessible parking, please send a photocopy of your DMV placard and a note on where you need parking access on campus to cblakel@ncsu.edu. Once this information is submitted we can register your placard in our system and determine which permit will be the best fit.

Individuals who are approved for long-term or permanent accessible parking must display a valid state-issued handicapped parking placard or plate in conjunction with NC State parking credentials.

All transit vehicles are universally accessible. Fringe parking lots and park and ride lots have accessible parking spaces.

 Any individual who falsifies or misrepresents their medical condition or misuses a state-issued handicapped parking placard or plate will lose parking privileges and will be subject to additional parking fines.

For more information on accessible parking, contact Transportation at 919-515-3424 option 1.

Loading and Unloading Permits

Individuals: Loading/unloading permits may be issued to people who have a short-term need to access loading areas/docks on campus.
Permits are valid for 30 minutes only in designated loading zones/spaces. Permits may be obtained at the Visitor Information Center located on Stinson Drive or at the Transportation Office.

Campus departments: May request a loading zone permit for shared use by departmental members while conducting departmental business. Departments may download the request form for a loading/unloading permit below.

No charge
 for a temporary loading/unloading pass – valid in designated loading/unloading spaces only.

$45 per year (FY 21-22) Departmental hang tag loading/unloading permit to share.